Skip to main content

Before I was a mom...

Before I was a Mom...
- Author Unknown

Before I was a mom...
I made and ate hot meals.
I had unstained clothing.
I had quiet conversations on the phone.

Before I was a mom...
I slept as late as I wanted
And never worried about how late
I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a mom...
I cleaned my house each day.
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to lullabies.

Before I was a mom...
I didn't worry whether or not my
plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a mom...
I had never been pooped on,
Spit up on,
Chewed on,
Peed on,
Or pinched by tiny fingers.

Before I was a mom...
I had complete control of myself;
My thoughts,
My body,
And my mind.
I slept all night.

Before I was a mom...
I never held down a screaming child
so that doctors could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a mom...
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't
want to put it down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew something so small could affect my
life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a mom...
I didn't know the feeling of having my
heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a
Mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important.

Before I was a mom...
I had never gotten up in the middle of
the night every ten minutes to make
sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
The joy,
The love,
The heartache,
The wonderfulment,
Or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so
much before I was a Mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all of our moms & their precious babies!

Love, A Mother's Haven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do I clean my Medela pump tubing?

We get a lot of moms coming in asking about cleaning their Medela breastpump tubing , whether for the Symphony hospital-grade rental pump , the Medela Freestyle pump or for the personal-grade Pump In Style Advanced breastpump. One thing to note, milk shouldn't normally be going into your Medela tubing when you pump.  If you see milk coming back into the tubing, make sure of two things: 1. Your pumping bottles are upright while you're pumping and 2. Your valves and membranes are attached fully, and that they don't have any holes or cuts.  Only air is supposed to go through the tubes. Every time after you pump, disconnect (and clean) all of your pump parts, but leave the tubing connected. Let your pump keep running for another 5-10 minutes with just the tubing connected - this will usually get rid of any little bit of milk or condensation. If you do see some milk in your tubing after letting the pump run, you can clean your tubes by: 1. Holding the tubing upright ...

Choosing the Right Belly Bandit for You

The Belly Bandit wrap is designed exclusively with a woman's post pregnancy body in mind. The seamless creation hugs your body for a comfy inconspicuous fit under most garments. The smooth, tagless design and latex free materials won't irritate most skins. Among many of its benefits, you'll find that the Belly bandit : - Provides a Slimmer Look Instantly - Helps lose inches faster - Reduces Discomfort - Supports Back & Legs - Adds Support While Breastfeeding - Improves Posture HELPFUL HINTS FOR SIZING YOUR BELLY BANDIT     SIZES BAND SIZE FITS BELLY SIZE X-SMALL 28"-32" /71 cm-83cm SMALL 33-37"/ 84cm-95cm MEDIUM 38"-43" / 96cm-111cm LARGE 44"-49"/ 112cm-126cm X-LARGE 50"-57"/ 127cm-126cm Due to the size and shape variations in women's bodies, it may be tricky to size yourself for a Belly Bandit. Correct sizing is essential for comfort and product effectiveness. Buying a B...

Featured Nursing Bra - The Anytime Bra by Bella Materna

The Anytime Bra by Bella Materna is a comfortable no-wire nursing bra - wonderful both during pregnancy and for breastfeeding after you have your baby.  The pull-down cup makes it easy to get baby to breast and allows for lots of skin-to-skin contact.  The Italian microfiber fabric is soft to the touch and very sexy! The dual-cup sizing, adjustable straps, and 4-stage back closure allow this bra to fit you well, even as your body and your breasts fluctuate in size.  The Bella Materna Anytime Bra and Anytime Plus are available in Bare (Nude) and Black with band sizes from 32-40, and cup sizes from C/D to I/J.  We do sell the Anytime Bra and the Anytime Plus Bra on our website , but as with all of our nursing bras, we highly recommend that you come into the store to get sized and fitted.  Your bra size can change dramatically throughout your pregnancy and right after having your baby, so it's always best to try on a few different styles to see what is mos...