Skip to main content

What I Resolve to do in 2018 as a Mom

We are almost a week into 2018, yet I am still editing, finalizing and procrastinating on my New Year’s Resolutions.  Many have already juiced and cleansed.  Some have worked out for five consecutive days. And few have vowed to never drink wine again (good for you!).


While I am still ironing out the details of some of my personal resolutions e.g. more vegetables in my diet, and save money for a European vacation, (and perhaps procrastinate less!) I am pretty crystal clear on what I want to improve on in 2018 as a mother and hopefully lasting changes as an overall parent.  Here are my top 4 Mom-o-lutions:
I am like the paparazzi when it comes to my kids.  Whether they’re scoring a soccer goal, eating ice cream, building a sand castle, making a silly face, or simply just breathing, I am constantly taking their photos.  Yet, when I looked back in the last years photo reel, there were so few photos of me with my kids.  And I wish I had more.   Ten years from now, I want to be able to reminisce and share these moments with my children...regardless if I have no make up on or I am in my ragged sweatpants.  Often times we care too much about what we look like, but through the lens of our children, they could care less! 

It’s easy to get immersed on social media feeds, text message chains, and unread emails.  I am often guilty losing precious moments staring at my screen rather than listening to my kids’ banter of legos and sharks.  And often times I question, if the roles were reversed, “Would I be annoyed with me?” The answer is an obvious yes. So I am making more of a conscious effort this year to unplug, put my phone down, and listen and play with my kids.  It won’t be long before they get lost on their own devices, so it’s better to cherish these moments now as well as set a good example for phone etiquette.

My kids are very fortunate to have Grandparents who spoil them every birthday and Christmas with toys.  However, I think it’s important to remind my kids that getting out into the world and experiencing moments are far more memorable than toys and tangible items.  So whether we go out on local hikes, ice cream dates or worldly vacations, I want my kids out and about living life.  These are the moments that I hope they will remember and cherish.  Not that they were given the latest Ninjago lego set.  

Despite the fact that my boys are 21 months apart, they are two completely different children.  They have their own unique needs and desires and I tend to overlook this and treat them as if they were one person.  So in an effort to foster their individual needs, I vowed in 2018 to carve 1:1 time with each of my kids.  Whether it is 20 minutes of coloring in a different room in the house, a movie date night, or a coffee/hot chocolate break at Starbucks, I am going to give them their intimate time with Mom.  

Comments

  1. I am very happy to get this information from your site. Thanks for sharing the information and suggestions they amazing.
    Colic in Babies | Colic Remedies

    ReplyDelete
  2. The history of finger biometry was initiated in the late nineteenth century by scientist Francis Galton. Since then, it has grown tremendously thanks to a large team of geneticists and biologists. In 1880, Henry Faulds made the argument for the amount of fingerprint RC (Ridge Count) to assess the degree of fingerprint dependence on the genes.

    The scientists claim that fingerprints are formed under the influence of the genetic system of the fetus inherited and the impact of the environment through the vascular system and the nervous system located between the dermis and the expression the cover. Some of these effects are oxygen supply, nerve formation, the distribution of sweat glands, the development of epithelial cells. Interestingly, although there is a common genetic system Hereditary but fingerprints on the ten fingers of each individual individual. In 1868 the scholar Roberts pointed out that each finger had a different micro-growth environment; In addition, the thumb and index finger suffers from some additional environmental effects. So fingerprints on the top ten fingers of a different individual. The twin brothers (sisters) with fingerprint eggs are quite similar but still can distinguish fingerprints of each person. This is because although they have the same genetic system and share the same developmental environment in the womb, but because of their different position in the womb, their micro environment is different and therefore has different fingerprints. together.


    Định hướng nghề nghiệp bằng sinh trắc vân tay
    Trung tâm sinh trắc vân tay
    Trung tâm sinh trắc vân tay uy tín
    có nên làm sinh trắc vân tay cho con


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do I clean my Medela pump tubing?

We get a lot of moms coming in asking about cleaning their Medela breastpump tubing , whether for the Symphony hospital-grade rental pump , the Medela Freestyle pump or for the personal-grade Pump In Style Advanced breastpump. One thing to note, milk shouldn't normally be going into your Medela tubing when you pump.  If you see milk coming back into the tubing, make sure of two things: 1. Your pumping bottles are upright while you're pumping and 2. Your valves and membranes are attached fully, and that they don't have any holes or cuts.  Only air is supposed to go through the tubes. Every time after you pump, disconnect (and clean) all of your pump parts, but leave the tubing connected. Let your pump keep running for another 5-10 minutes with just the tubing connected - this will usually get rid of any little bit of milk or condensation. If you do see some milk in your tubing after letting the pump run, you can clean your tubes by: 1. Holding the tubing upright

More Milk Plus & More Milk Special Blend

Many breastfeeding moms worry about whether or not they are making enough milk for their new baby.  One thing that you can do to help with improving your milk supply is to take the More Milk supplements from Motherlove .  But which of the different supplements to take? First Decision - Capsules vs. Liquid Drops - Moms tend to agree that the liquid drops taste horrible!  So most people do buy the capsules, for ease and convenience. - But the liquid drops are slightly more effective because the herbs are able to get into your system faster and more directly, so if you can handle the taste, you might want to buy the liquid. Second Decision - More Milk Plus vs. Special Blend - Both the More Milk Plus and the More Milk Special Blend contain fenugreek seed, blessed thistle, nettle, and fennel seed - all of which are galactagogue (or milk-increasing) herbs.  The More Milk Plus works for most women whose milk supply has decreased due to growth spurts, separation, illness, or stress.