Skip to main content

Mothers' Gathering Testimonials and Instructor Interviews

We know that your first year with your baby is extremely hard!
You're tired, overwhelmed, and confused - that's why we're here!

Much more than a "Mommy and Me" class, our Mothers' Gathering classes are Education & Support groups for thinking moms who are looking for information, support, & friendship. Not a just baby group, or a class where moms will be told how to parent their child, but a place to gather the information and tools to determine what fits best for each mom and her child.

Our philosophy is that there is no one "right way" to parent and what works for you might not work for another mother. And what might work one week, might not work the next. We give you tips and strategies for your parenting tool box, helping you to find confidence in your parenting skills and choices.

Our Mothers' Gathering (Mommy & Me) groups are a wonderful way to get the information, support, and community you need during that first year with your baby - but don't just take our word for it!

"I credit my sanity during the first 6 months after my son was born to my Mothers' Gathering class at A Mother's Haven. The teacher (Jill) was an incredible resource of information. Her sweet but straightforward disposition makes her feel like your best friend/sister/mom all rolled into one.
I also met the most amazing group of women, and we all became fast friends. Three years later, we still meet up for playdates, birthday parties, and girls' nights! I am forever grateful for this invaluable experience, and I highly recommend it to all new moms I meet."
-Tami, mom of Guy, 3 and Zoe, almost 2

"When I had my first child, I attended Mothers' Gathering (Mommy & Me) at A Mother's Haven. It was a fabulous experience for me and my son. I got to meet other moms and get the support I needed at the time. It was so nice to be with others who were going through the same experience as me.
I also got quite a bit of guidance from the instructor on how to get my baby to sleep and eat. The best part is that I made one of my best friends in that class. I highly recommend A Mother's Haven to new moms in the San Fernando Valley."
- Lorena from LA Moms Dig, mom of Beckham, 5 and Sienna, 2

"Deciding to join the Mother's Gathering for new moms was the best decision I made for me and my new baby. Not only did I learn so much about child care, like tips for infant feeding, how to develop a good baby sleep schedule, and ways to help foster my baby's psychological and intellectual development, but I also discovered the BEST support system ever. 
When we first met, the 12 new moms in our group were overwhelmed, overtired, stressed, and feeling isolated by the rigorous schedule of new motherhood.  Not only did our instructor give us encouragement and reassurance, but she also shared her wealth of knowledge that helped make us feel more in control as mothers. From our very first session, we were so excited to meet other moms feeling the same way and began to schedule our own play dates, mommy's nights out, family BBQ's (so our hubbies could bond- which totally worked!) and within a few weeks our group grew very close. 
Many of the moms chose to continue past the first 8-wk session and a few of us continued to re-enroll for the first year of our babies' life, since we were not only learning so much from our instructor but we wanted our babies to stay connected to their best friends. Now that my baby is a toddler, I am still very close friends with a handful of the moms I met through AMH and feel so lucky to have them in my and my son's life. Thank you, A Mother's Haven, for giving me and my family friends for life and the skills I needed to become the confident mom I am today. "
-Jana from Helping Hand Nutrition, mom of Evan, 1.5

For a full Mothers' Gathering class schedule, you can visit our online class calendar.

You can also read more about our Mothers' Gathering teachers on our blog:

Interview with Synthia Praglin

Interview with Danielle Vorzimer

Comments

  1. In the first year mom have to face many more problem to take care of their baby as they are amall they always need the mom and to avoid these problem mom must need the baby carrier....so it will become easy to stay in touch with their baby...... Baby Slings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do I clean my Medela pump tubing?

We get a lot of moms coming in asking about cleaning their Medela breastpump tubing , whether for the Symphony hospital-grade rental pump , the Medela Freestyle pump or for the personal-grade Pump In Style Advanced breastpump. One thing to note, milk shouldn't normally be going into your Medela tubing when you pump.  If you see milk coming back into the tubing, make sure of two things: 1. Your pumping bottles are upright while you're pumping and 2. Your valves and membranes are attached fully, and that they don't have any holes or cuts.  Only air is supposed to go through the tubes. Every time after you pump, disconnect (and clean) all of your pump parts, but leave the tubing connected. Let your pump keep running for another 5-10 minutes with just the tubing connected - this will usually get rid of any little bit of milk or condensation. If you do see some milk in your tubing after letting the pump run, you can clean your tubes by: 1. Holding the tubing upright

More Milk Plus & More Milk Special Blend

Many breastfeeding moms worry about whether or not they are making enough milk for their new baby.  One thing that you can do to help with improving your milk supply is to take the More Milk supplements from Motherlove .  But which of the different supplements to take? First Decision - Capsules vs. Liquid Drops - Moms tend to agree that the liquid drops taste horrible!  So most people do buy the capsules, for ease and convenience. - But the liquid drops are slightly more effective because the herbs are able to get into your system faster and more directly, so if you can handle the taste, you might want to buy the liquid. Second Decision - More Milk Plus vs. Special Blend - Both the More Milk Plus and the More Milk Special Blend contain fenugreek seed, blessed thistle, nettle, and fennel seed - all of which are galactagogue (or milk-increasing) herbs.  The More Milk Plus works for most women whose milk supply has decreased due to growth spurts, separation, illness, or stress.

How to Clean Medela Pump Parts

When you are breastfeeding and pumping with the Medela Symphony , Pump-In-Style, or Freestyle breastpumps, you want to make sure that you carefully clean all of your pump parts after every pumping session. (If you don't have access to water and a sink after each session, you can use the Medela Quick Clean Wipes to clean as much as you can during the day, and then do the full water cleaning when you get home.) After each time you pump: 1. Detach the breastshield connectors and your bottles or storage bags from your tubing.  Keep the tubing attached to your pump, and allow your pump to run for a few minutes to help get rid of any humidity or condensation in your tubes.  It's great to do this while you're storing your breastmilk (fridge, freezer, etc) 2. Once your milk is stored, take apart all of your pump parts.  Make sure that you disassemble the valve , the membrane , the PersonalFit connector , and the PersonalFit breastshields so that you can clean in all th